Monday, November 11, 2013

Dog Food Review - Harringtons


What did I pay for this product? --- About $4.00CA/2kg(4.4lbs)
Would I repurchase this product? --- Yes
How would I rate this product on a scale from 1 to 10? --- 6.5

Recently I have been trying out my pooch on some different foods. I had been feeding him the Natural Defence dry dog food for the past two years, but I noticed that he wasn't overly fussy on it. Given that Natural Defence is priced pretty high, I decided that maybe it was a good time to start to look for a cheaper alternative, seeing as how I'm only working part-time while finishing University and not making much money.

I picked up a bag of Harringtons Rich in Lamb & Rice at my local Wal-Mart to try.
I paid about $4.00 CA for a 2kg (4.4lbs) bag of dry food.

What attracted me to this food was that it includes Kelp as "a natural source of vitamins, minerals and trace elements" (as stated on the bag), and also the fact that this is a product sold specifically in the UK and Canada.

My dog definitely enjoys the taste, and his bowl movements appear healthy. He is having bowl movements more often, and they appear slightly darker in colour.

The downside to this food is that it lists "Ground Corn" as it's first ingredient, which is something I try to avoid. I prefer to stick with foods that list meat as the first ingredient.

I would repurchase this food if we were taking a trip out of town for a few days and wanted to just pick up some food along the way instead of bringing along his big food container.

What brand of food do you feed your dog? What's the main element you look for in a dog food?

Check back next time, when I'll be reviewing ACTR1UM Holistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment