Thursday, October 10, 2013

8 Great Products for Dry and Eczema/Acne Prone Facial Skin

Happy Thursday everyone!

Over the past couple of months I've really been sticking to a routine that I've been finding works for me when it comes to my facial skin so I figured I would share!

So, here's a list of 8 great skin-care products that I use on my face daily to keep my dry and eczema/acne prone skin at it's best...

These Quo Mini Eye-Makeup Remover Pads are something I use almost daily to remove my eye-makeup at night. My eyes are a big problem area for me because my facial eczema seems to concentrate around my eye area. These pads are great because they don't sting my skin or my eyes and they aren't harsh at all. Usually one pad per eye does the job for me. This size comes in a pack of 30.

Every night, after I've used my eye-makeup remover pads, I like to use one of these Olay Wet Cleansing Towelettes for Sensitive Skin to remove the rest of my makeup. I find these wipes are great when I use a facial cleanser afterwards, but if I use them on their own they tend to leave a sticky feel on my face. I also find that these wipes are no good for use around my eyes as they tend to sting. The main reason I've stuck with this brand of facial wipe is because others I have tried (i.e. the Balea Cleansing Cloths from Shoppers) have caused me to break out in a really bad rash. Given that Olay products have never irritated my eczema (I also use Olay products for my body skin-care) I've decided to stick with these for now as they serve their purpose well enough.

Noxzema is a classic when it comes to facial skin-care - you've probably seen it in your grandmas medicine cabinet. Nonetheless, the Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream is a great and affordable option if you're looking for a cleanser that won't dry out your skin. I use this cleanser both in the morning and at night after using the Olay wipes. I love the cooling and calming effect of this cleanser from the eucalyptus oil. I find it keeps my skin hydrated and removed any dirt and oils from my face nicely.
Sometimes, if my skin is feeling extra dull, I'll sleep with a layer of this on my face and wake up to a super soft and smooth face!

This product is a newcomer to my routine. The Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Astringent is a great alternative astringent for people with dry skin. Basically, I bought this product because I was finding other astringents way too drying and harsh. I also didn't like the alcohol smell of other astringents. Although the smell of this astringent is strange and takes a bit of getting used to, it doesn't dry out my skin at all and I've actually noticed a big difference in how inflamed my blemishes get. I still get some blemishes, but they don't tend to be getting as swollen up or as sore since I've been using this product. I use this astringent both morning and night after my facial cleanser.



Depending on how dry my skin is on any given day I will use at least on of the above moisturizers. I tend to lean more towards the Cliniderm Soothing Cream when my skin is really dry, and the Life Brand (equivalent of Cetaphil) Moisturizing Lotion on days when I don't feel like I need as much moisture. However, I will always use the Cliniderm around my eye area in the day no matter what.
The Equate Brand Vitamin E cream is something I use mainly at night when I will use it all over my face, but I will also put an extra layer on over the Cliniderm if my Eczema happens to be flared up because I find it really helps heal it quickly.

Last, but certainly not least, is good old Vaseline - a staple in everyone's household.
I like to use Vaseline in the morning on my lips. I also like to use it at night around my eyes, on my lips, and on my nose because my nose tends to get dry and flaky. I don't find Vaseline very practical for daily use as it is thick and sticky, so I like to stick to only using it at night, with the exception of using it on my lips throughout the day.

***
Thanks for reading! I hope this was informative. :)
Keep checking back for my suggested products for dry/eczema prone body skin, along with much, much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment