Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October IPSY Glambag - First Impressions

I was so happy to get my ipsy glambag in the mail today, and I was even happier when I opened it up to see what was inside!



I've been subscribed to ipsy since May, and I have to say, I think this month has been my favourite bag so far.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the ipsy glambag, it's a monthly mail subscription 'box' ($10/month if you're in the US and about $14/month if you're in Canada) in which you receive five beauty products. The products range from sample sized to full sized, and you most definitely get your moneys worth, or more!

***You can subscribe to ipsy by following this link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hgsmbzd8udy6tho ***


My favourite product in this months bag at first glance are the La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser wipes.
This product came in a typical wipe packet with 10 wipes. A pack of 30 wipes retails for $9.99 on the La Fresh website.
These wipes smell absolutely ah-maze-ing!
I particularly liked this product right off the bat because the wipes are biodegradable and compostable, and it claims to have a formula that is 99.25% natural.
I'm almost out of my OLAY wipes and was looking to try something new, so these came at the perfect time!

*** *** ***

My second favourite product at first glance is the bigsexyhair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel.
This product came in a sample sized 1.7 fl oz. (50 ml) red plastic bottle, typical of other sexyhair products I've received through ipsy. A 8.5 fl oz. (250 ml) bottle of this product retails for $16.95 on the sexyhair website.
Now, it's not very often that I get excited about hair products, but I've been trying out different products for volume lately because my hair is flat and lifeless, so I'm really excited to give this product a try!

*** *** ***

The third product that I am excited to see in this months bag is the Nourish Organic Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion.
This product came in a 1 fl oz. (30ml) sample tube. An 8 fl oz. (236 ml) tube of this lotion retails for only $11.99 on the Nourish Organic website.
The lotion feels amazing on my hands, and doesn't leave a greasy residue at all! Something about it reminds me of the Indian Coconut Nectar Lotion from Pacifica which is an all-time favourite of mine. I can definitely see myself purchasing this product in the future.
Oh! and did I mention? It's 100% Natural. USDA-Certified Organic. Bonus points!

*** *** ***

Next, the BUXOM Full-On Lip Polish in the colour Dolly.
This product came in a very generous sample size of 0.07 fl oz. (2 ml) tube. A 0.15 fl oz. (4 ml) tube of this gloss retails for $23.00 through Sephora.
This is a lip-plumping gloss. I enjoy the tingling sensation of this gloss, and the colour works perfectly with my skin-tone!

*** *** ***

Lastly, my bag contains a ZOYA nail polish in the colour Giovanna.
This product came in a full-sized bottle of 0.5 fl oz. (15ml) which retails for $8.00 on the ZOYA website.
In general, I find myself pleased with the product, but I'm not a huge nail polish fan. The colour is gorgeous though, so I am going to wear it!

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

I hope you guys enjoyed this first impressions review!
Don't forget to CLICK THIS LINK if you'd like to subscribe. You'll definitely get your moneys worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment