Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quick Review: Equate Brand Facial Cleansing Towelettes

My quest for finding a "holy grail" status facial wipe has been hard. More often than not, facial wipes cause my facial eczema to break out, badly!
Sadly, this is one of those cases.



I picked up the Equate Brand Facial Cleansing Towelettes to try for a number of reasons... First, the attractive price of about $7.00 for two packs of 60 wipes. Second, it is advertised as being "for all skin types." And third, I wanted to try something new.

The first night I used these wipes I was satisfied, they removed all of my facial make-up nicely and didn't leave a residue like the Olay wipes do. Unfortunately, I woke up the next morning with my face and neck broke out in a nasty rash.

I had a similar reaction to the Balea facial wipes this past May and documented the reaction with pictures and mentioned it in one of my first YouTube videos. The reaction to the Equate wipes wasn't as severe, but it's been about three days now and my skin is still recovering.
So, if you have eczema prone facial skin, I would be weary of using these wipes.

Luckily, one of my girlfriends uses these wipes regularly so I can give them to her instead of tossing them away!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment