Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November IPSY Glambag

Another month, another glambag! And once again, I'm beyond impressed!


If you'd like to subscribe to the ipsy Glam Bag for just $10.00 a month, click HERE
I feel like the team at ipsy really hit the nail on the head with this months Glam Bag, because everything I received this month will be perfect for festive make-up looks for the holiday parties coming up in the next month or so!
Even the metallic gold bag itself will go perfect with a few party dresses I have hiding away in my closet!

Here's what I received this month...


Gem Eye Pencil by Starlooks (in Topaz)
The first thing I received in this months bag was this Gem Eye Pencil by Starlooks in the colour Topaz. This pencil came at full-size (2.4g) and normally retails for $14.00 on the Starlooks website. That's more than what you would pay for the whole Glam Bag!
At first glance I was a little iffy about this product because it is sparkly, but once I gave it a swatch on the back of my hand, I fell in love!
I can't wait to rock this awesome eye pencil with some holiday looks!


em michelle phan Lash Gallery Mascara (Dramatic Volume in Black)
There is only one word to describe this mascara: AMAZING!
In the past, I haven't been too impressed with the mascara that I've received in my Glam Bags, but this is definitely an exception.
This em michelle phan Dramatic Volume Lash Gallery Mascara in the colour black came full-size in my Glam Bag (7ml/0.236 fl. oz.) and usually retails for $20.00 on the emcosmetics website.
This product really builds your lashes, and doesn't flake - I've even worn it through my workouts at the gym and haven't had a hitch!
I also really love the slight curve in the wand, and the fact that the product doesn't smell too much like glue like most mascaras do.


Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon (in Shameless)
This is without a doubt the best product that came this month. I even did a little dance when I pulled it out of my bag. What could be more perfect than a beautiful red lip for the holiday season!
On the Be a Bombshell website, this colour is advertised as a "burgundy" shade, but I find it works perfectly as a bold red for me.
Again, this product came full-sized (2.5g) and retails for $14.00 on the Be a Bombshell website.
I find this lip crayon so great because it is very hydrating and goes on nice and smooth! This is a product that I will definitely consider repurchasing.


Nailtini Straight Up Colour Nail Lacquer (in Champagne)
This nail colour looks like it will be perfect for any occasion, but I was bummed to discover that this colour seems to be discontinued on the Nailtini website.
That being said, this product came full-size and other nail polishes from the "Straight Up Colour Lacquer" line retail for $13.00 on the Nailtini website.
I haven't had a chance to try this colour out yet, but when I do I'll let you know how it is in one of my Outfits of the Week posts.


Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow (in Neptune)
I can't express enough how perfect this eye shadow is for a holiday party smoky eye look! I'm so excited!
This product came in a "sample size" (basically the same as a single pot that you'd pay $1.00 for) as a promotion for a new eye shadow palette by bhcosmetics. The entire palette retails for $14.95 on the bhcosmetics website.
The packaging of this product is super fun, and I can't wait to give this product a try.



Bronzer by Pixi Beauty (in Subtly Suntouched)
This bronzer comes from a UK based cosmetics company. This product came in a generous sample size (3.2g/0.11oz) which is about a third of the retail size (10.21g/0.36oz). A regular size of this bronzer retails for £15.00 or about $25.00CA on the Pixi Beauty website, so let's say the sample size is worth about $8.00CA.
This bronzer is nice for contouring, and I find that my brush picks up a nice amount. The product isn't loose at all, so you're not wasting product with flakes and fly-aways!

*** *** *** *** ***


When all was said and done, I received about $70.00 worth of product this month! That's a steal!
I cannot rant and rave enough about how much I love ipsy. The team there certainly knows what they're doing, and they're doing it well!

*** *** *** *** ***

Once again, if you want to subscribe to the ipsy Glam Bag for just $10.00 a month (or $14.00 if you're in Canada, like me) just CLICK HERE!!! I promise you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment